Why a stay in the Disney Springs Resort area might be right for you?
As prices continue to rise at Walt Disney World, guests continue to look for ways to save money on their vacations in the Orlando area. With an average family vacation to Walt Disney World costing at least 10% more today than it did two years ago, people are exploring ways to reduce their vacation spending. One of the most common ways is to stay offsite for your Walt Disney World vacation. Of course, if you choose to stay offsite, you may lose some perks such as bus transportation from your hotel and early theme park entry. With current crowd levels at Walt Disney World theme parks, these benefits retain solid value.
A potential solution to this dilemma is to select a Disney Spring area hotel for your vacation. In February 2022, I enjoyed my stay at the B Resort and Spa located in the Disney Springs area. This hotel offers quality rooms generally with more space than comparable Walt Disney World hotels on-site (for less expense in most cases). As I have already written about the main reasons to like and the reasons not to like B Resort, you can check these articles. However, if you’re looking to cut down on some vacation budget spending on your next Walt Disney World vacation, hotels like The B Resort and Spa should be considered.
The Walt Disney World Hotel bubble offers a wonderful experience. Still, if you can slash 20% or more of your lodging expenses without losing too many vacation perks, you can see the appeal of a Disney Spring area hotel. Let me list a few that The B Resort and Spa have offered to help frame this idea.
- A dedicated shuttle will pick you up at your hotel. Upon check-in, you will receive instructions on how to reserve your time with these shuttles. If you’re traveling without a car, you’ll want this perk.
- Early entry to the theme park is included when staying at a sister hotel like The B Resort. The shuttles will take you there early enough to take advantage of this benefit. Yes, you will be dropped off at the Transportation and Ticket Center to get to Mafic Kingdom, so be prepared for that. Still, depending on the price, this inconvenience might well be worth the savings.
- Disney Springs hotels provide an easy ride to the Disney Springs area. I will write more about this in future articles. However, if a visit to Disney Springs is part of your vacation, Disney Spring area hotels offer you much easier access than most Walt Disney World hotels. Being so close to Disney Springs means you can take advantage of surprisingly good dining deals.
- Mears Connect shuttle service from Orlando International Airport (MCO) drops off at hotels in the Disney Spring area. This process works the same for Disney Spring Hotels as it does for Walt Disney World Hotels. Additionally, Mears Connect offers efficient and economical shuttle options from the Disney Springs area to Universal Orlando and other locations.
- While this varies at Disney Spring hotels, The B Resort, for example, offers a take-out fast food option known as The Pick-Up. If you want to have your Joffrey coffee before heading to the parks, you can. Sounds so much better than queuing at an onsite food court. The Pick-Up, for example, offers various quick-service type dining options. Plus, products at a place like this will cost less than on Walt Disney World property.
- Hotels in the Disney Spring area offer excellent dining options with table service. Of course, you can walk to Disney Springs for dinner. Plus, most hotels in the Disney Springs area offer quality dining with table service. For example, the American Kitchen Bar and Grill, located on the B Resort property, serves quality dishes served at the table
If money is no object, then staying at a luxury Walt Disney World hotel creates a wonderful vacation. Yet money matters to almost every vacationer. The likelihood of better accommodations at a lower price without too much sacrifice should make you consider Disney Springs area hotels. Yes, you will need to consider resort fees and parking fees when calculating your final price. However, in many cases, the savings on a Walt Disney World hotel could save you valuable money on your vacation budget. As vacation planning in the Orlando area becomes more complicated, guests should consider Disney Springs area hotels. Thanks for reading and good luck planning your next vacation in the Orlando area.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated, fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal theme parks, themed entertainment, and related pop culture from a consumer perspective. The opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its publishers, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial source of information and has no connection with The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we can cover.