Viking Hotel Appoints Adrienne Willis as New Spa Manager; says appointment will enhance Spa Fjör’s programming and services
Hotel Viking announced new management at Spa Fjör this week, with the appointment of Adrienne Willis as Spa Manager.
Adrienne will lead the Spa’s unique East-West spa philosophies, expanded services and treatment enhancements, and oversee the day-to-day operations of Spa Fjör, including its six treatment rooms, an expanded relaxation room, a wall of Himalayan sea salt, an infrared sauna, an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and more, according to Hotel Viking.
Spa Fjör is the ultimate sanctuary for guests and residents of Newport, according to the Viking Hotel. The name “Fjör” is an Old Norse word representing “vitality, energy and life”, which connects to the hotel’s impressive heritage. Guests can experience exclusive services such as One Bellevue Bourbon body scrub, Spa Fjör massages and facials, global rituals and in-depth wellness journeys.
In her role as Spa Manager, Adrienne Willis joins the Viking Hotel with over a decade of wellness experience. Willis’ previous role was Spa Manager at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa outside of Austin, where she oversaw spa operations, including its retail partnership program as well as the development of offers of care and services. After serving as Spa Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, Willis gained additional experience at several Hyatt properties including Hyatt Regency Monterey Resort & Spa in California and Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa in Hawaii.
“Adrienne brings a fresh and exciting new light to The Viking Hotel with her passionate and dedicated demeanor,” Viking Hotel General Manager Meaghan Walsh said in a statement provided to What’sUpNewp. “Wellness is a priority for our clients, and we are delighted that Adrienne is leading Spa Fjör and sees the long-term impact she will have on staff, clients and overall wellness programming. “
Hotel Viking also offers individual and family fitness subscription programs.
Hotel Viking says membership benefits include:
- Unlimited use of fitness facilities
- Unlimited use of changing room including infrared sauna, swimming pool and whirlpool
- Free valet parking
- Membership enhancements include:
- Free weekend yoga classes, subject to availability
- Free use of hotel bicycles, subject to availability, reservation required in advance
- One free guest spa pass per month
- 20% discount on the best available rate at the Viking Hotel and a free upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability
- Preferential rates for groups, meetings and social events at the hotel
- Hill Market Coffee Upgrade: Receive an average coffee for the price of a small
- One Bellevue Restaurant: Receive a free aperitif for your group of two or more.
Pricing starts at $150 per month for a single membership. For more information on Spa Fjör, Hotel Viking or memberships, call 401-848-4848 or email [email protected] Reservations can also be made by visiting the Viking Hotel website.
What’sUpNewp is your independent source for what’s happening in Newport, RI; Rhode Island; Martha’s Vineyard, MA; Nantucket, MA, Stowe, VT; and beyond. Send topical tips, story ideas, corrections and questions to [email protected]