There’s a reason these two hotels make Nassau an island worth visiting
For a fun vacation in the Bahamas, consider visiting Nassau and staying at one of these chic hotels.
With incredibly friendly locals, an aquamarine ocean, and a short flight from the east coast of the United States (just a 2.5 hour flight from New York), the Bahamas is an idyllic summer travel destination, where the you can even swim with pigs. . The country is nestled in the Lucayan Archipelago of the West Indies and consists of over 3000 islands and islets. The most popular of them is undoubtedly New Providence, where Nassau is located, which is the capital of the country. If you’re looking for easy amenities and plenty of diving and snorkeling spots, consider spending some time in this part of the Bahamas. The capital is also known for having easy access to a myriad of high-end hotels offering fantastic vacation packages, including all-inclusive resorts to bring the family. Check out these two most recommended hotels, which are worth considering when visiting Nassau.
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Touted as one of three super resorts on famous Cable Beach, the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar is a luxury hotel with excellent amenities and a wide range of restaurants orchestrated by talented chefs. From its dancing fountains to its Vegas-style casino, this hotel never ceases to amaze its guests. Its ideal location is another point to consider when it comes to facilities such as transport, proximity to the airport and of course to the city center where one can easily access the famous market of straw. In addition to this, the hotel has its own jetty and an artificial reef.
- Services and facilities: The property spans over 600 acres of land covering several sections of facilities such as its seven swimming pools some of which have poolside cabanas, four hot tubs, a kids’ club and the fitness center for fitness enthusiasts looking to keep up with their daily routine during their stay. holidays. Other facilities include a wildlife-focused exploration center, movie night, and a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.
- Activities at the hotel: The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar is also full of fun and relaxing activities, which means you can never get bored while staying here. Head to the beach and find plenty to do, think kayaking, boating, snorkeling and paddleboarding. Those who wish to enjoy a well-deserved spa moment can go to the ESPA equipped with treatment cabins.
- Lodging: The hotel is equipped with a range of rooms. The standard rooms are elegant, spacious and have a contemporary style. Wake up to the beautiful ocean view from the private balcony. Some great amenities include a minibar, Keurig coffee maker, marble bathroom, walk-in shower, and a super-comfy Hyatt Grand Bed.
- Restaurants and Bars: The property will once again charm its guests with its wide range of dining options. From its Japanese cuisine to its Spanish breakfast delights, the hotel takes dining to the next level. For a laid-back vibe, head to the Conch Shack, known for its freshly made salads. In addition, there are several bars and lounges to relax.
- Address: 1 Baha Mar Blvd, Nassau, Bahamas (15 minute drive from airport)
- Main characteristics: Vegas-style casino, golf course, artificial reef, wildlife exploration center and 24-hour in-room dining.
- Approvals: Chic casino, seven pools, four hot tubs, more than 30 restaurants, and a kids’ club
Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau
The brand new Margaritaville Beach Resort is a very convenient hotel to consider if we plan to stay in downtown Nassau, just a walking distance from the cruise ship terminal. This upscale hotel is slowly becoming a favorite, especially among families, as it offers plenty of family-friendly amenities, think pure waterfront entertainment. Thanks to its proximity to town facilities such as local markets and shops, the property is definitely worth a visit.
- Services and Facilities: Margaritaville Beach Resort is a great place to take advantage of its many upscale amenities such as the St. Somewhere Spa, which offers rejuvenating moments in its spa treatment rooms, then there’s the Parakeets Kid’s Club, where kids can play and have fun. Shopaholics will also find a row of retail stores.
- Activities at the hotel: One of the main features of the hotel is undoubtedly the Fins Up water park consisting of lazy rivers, exciting water slide activities for children and adults, diving, surfing and rock climbing. Those looking to relax can opt for private cabanas to sip cocktails. Other activities include kayaking and paddle boarding. The Pointe Marina is another feature not to be missed.
- Lodging: Decorated in a Caribbean theme, the hotel’s elegant and modern suites are perfect for relaxing and enjoying a pleasant night’s sleep. Suites consist of spacious sleeping areas, ocean-facing balconies, and well-equipped kitchenettes.
- Restaurants and Bars: Food is another highlight of this chic property. In total, there are 12 restaurants and lounges. Head to the casual luxury setting of JWB Prime Steak and Seafood to savor succulent seafood delights accompanied by handcrafted cocktails or fine wine. At Pointe Market, choose from an extensive list of selected wines and premium cheeses to tease the taste buds.
- Address: 2 Bay St, Nassau, Bahamas (walking distance to cruise port
- Main characteristics: Fins Up water park, sky bar owned by Graycliff, La Pointe Marina and condo-style residences
- Approvals: Inviting outdoor pools, waterslides, marina, spa treatment rooms, and kids’ club