Preferred Hotel Group unveils updates to its I Prefer Hotel rewards program
WHY IT RATES: Preferred now offers loyalty program members new ways to benefit from booking Preferred Hotel Group brands. – Lacey Pfalz, Associate Editor, TravelPulse
Preferred Hotel Group, which operates Preferred Hotels & Resorts and the new Beyond Green, today announced a series of highly anticipated updates to its I Prefer Hotel Rewards loyalty program. From all-new Explorer and Authority membership levels and new earning and redemption options, to a selection of new independent hotel experiences and a first-time referral bonus offer, these latest developments meet the changing demands of travelers from around the world. ‘today and the evolution of the program.
âOver the past year, our loyal I Prefer Hotel Rewards members have shared consistent feedback calling for greater value and differentiation in their membership, a faster route to more benefits, a greater variety of options. redemption of points and earlier recognition, âsaid Jeri Salazar, Vice President of Loyalty for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. âAs part of our ongoing commitment to service improvement and excellence, we’ve taken these lessons into account to create several new member-focused initiatives that travelers can enjoy this summer and beyond as more. travel freedoms are introduced. “
NEW MEMBERSHIP LEVELS AND BENEFITS
As the world’s largest loyalty program for independent hotels, with over 650 hotel experiences available to over 3.8 million members, I Prefer Hotel Rewards focuses on flexibility for members, offering personalized rewards, points, level status and special benefits on each eligible stay. Having recently invested in expanding the benefits and capabilities of the program, Preferred is pleased to introduce two new membership tiers – Explorer and Authority – each with their own unique and distinct set of benefits. Recognizing the importance of value reserved for members, the new tiers complement existing Insider and Elite tiers, offering perks such as priority early check-in and late check-out, free room upgrades based on availability, free internet connection in the room, access to exclusive services from partner offers, unique welcome amenities and 20 to 50% bonus points earned per eligible stay, depending on their status. With the addition of the new levels, the member benefits for existing levels have also been revised:
– Insider (0-24,999 points): New members automatically receive Insider status upon registration, accumulating points for each qualifying stay and accessing perks such as priority early check-in and late check-out, room upgrades based on availability, free internet connection , a Beyond Green Stay bonus and digital access to the favorite travel magazine
– * NEW: Explorer (25,000-49,999 points): The new Explorer tier offers all the Insider perks, a unique welcome convenience such as a bottle of wine, spa credit, or a bag of locally made coffee, and 20% bonus points earned per qualifying stay
– Elite (50,000+ points): Includes all the benefits of Insider and Explorer memberships, plus 50% bonus point earnings, a digital birthday gift, and a separate food and beverage offer, such as a welcome cocktail or breakfast voucher (varies depending on the hotel)
– * NEW: Authority (access by invitation only): Includes all Insider, Explorer and Elite perks, in addition to free daily breakfast for two (varies by hotel), concierge lounge access (varies by hotel), a dedicated reservation line and possibility of offering Elite status to three friends per calendar year; membership is exclusive to top I Prefer members and available by invitation only
I PREFER REWARD NIGHTS
Members now have the option to book reward nights with points. For as little as 15,000 points per night, members can book and enjoy a selection of independent hotel experiences across North America, including, but not limited to, the Hotel Monville in Montreal, Canada; The Wort Hotel in Jackson, Wyoming; Half Moon in Montego Bay, Jamaica, one of eight HS Hotsson hotels in Mexico; Bennett Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina; and SophyÂ® Hyde Park in Chicago, Illinois; with more desirable global destination hotels to come. For more information and to book stays at participating establishments, members can visit the dedicated I Prefer Reward Nights site.
FRIEND SPONSORSHIP BONUS
Members can now refer friends and family to I Prefer and receive points with the program’s new Friend Referral Bonus. By simply sharing a unique referral link via social network, email or messaging, members can earn 1,000 bonus points for each new registration, with bonus points also being extended to each new member. In recognition of the valuable role travel counselors play in arranging future getaways for their clients, the program also offers the 1,000 point bonus to agents who bring new members into the loyalty program. There is no limit to the number of friends, family and customers members can refer through the new offer.
NEW HOTEL OPTIONS FOR I PREFER TRAVEL
With a portfolio of more than 650 distinctive hotels and resorts around the world, I Prefer Hotel Rewards combines the benefits of a strong points-based loyalty program with access to authentic hotel experiences tailored to every travel occasion. Over 25 new properties have joined the Preferred loyalty program so far this year, including ModernHaus SoHo (New York, USA), The Fives Oceanfront Puerto Morelos (Puerto Morelos, QR, Mexico), Haycock Manor (Wansford , United Kingdom), La Esperanza Granada (Andalusia, Spain), Ultima Gstaad (Gstaad, Switzerland), Pendry Manhattan West (New York, United States), Hotel Diplomat (Stockholm, Sweden), Andronis Arcadia (Santorini, Greece) and The Park Kolkata (Kolkata, India), among others.
OTHER RECENT IMPROVEMENTS
– I prefer auctions – Member-only, I Prefer Auctions offers a unique way to bid and win unique travel experiences such as winemaking and tasting in Tuscany, suite stay and dinner for two in Canada, spa experience in couple in Acapulco, an artisan meal under the stars in San Diego, and more, for as little as 5,000 points. Members can stay informed of the next auction through the dedicated auction site.
– I prefer loves – Launched in April 2021, I Prefer Loves offers members-only access to unique offers such as special products, services, gift cards, discounts, and more. Each month, the program adds a new brand partner in the travel, fashion, food and wine, home and wellness sectors with new promotions and exclusive offers. Members can view the benefits via IPrefer.com/ipreferloves.
– Point extension – Points expiration date for all I Prefer Hotel Rewards members has been extended from June 30 to December 17, 2021, with Elite members retaining their status until June 30, 2022.
With the global reach and flexible structure of I Prefer Hotel Rewards, travelers no longer have to choose between booking an authentic independent hotel experience and enjoying perks and statuses. The program operates over 650 unique independent hotels, offering members an exclusive flexible member rate with savings of 10% or more on top of the best available rate at over 300 participating hotels. The flexible rate is fully cancellable until the day of arrival, giving travelers the peace of mind to book last minute.
Free to join, travelers who wish to enroll in the program and take advantage of these exclusive promotions are invited to visit www.IPrefer.com/enroll.
SOURCE: Preferred hotel group press release