Hotel Guests Respond to Red Jacket Mountain View Resort Fire

One hundred and fifty-five guests were staying at the Red Jacket Resort in North Conway, NH when it caught fire on Saturday. The south end of the station was completely submerged and was forced to be demolished early Sunday morning. Seventy-five rooms were completely destroyed in the fire. Guests were bused to other local hotels while the fire was active. Guests returned to the resort on Sunday to gather their belongings and reacted to what they had experienced the day before. the alarms went off and at first we didn’t really know what it was,” said Raymond resident Natalie Morse. “But then we heard sirens and a lot of commotion. And we got the kids together, grabbed some of our belongings and met the cleaner at the door, who told us a bit about what She had this translated into her phone actually and remained very calm and collected and asked us to leave helped us out of the emergency door which was right next to our room And the moment we walked out, we can see smoke billowing from the building.” Morse had two children with her at the station, which she says made the experience even more heartbreaking. “I have a little kid in kindergarten, so he knows how to do fire drills,” Morse said. “Coming out and seeing the fire and all the people here, we really had to talk a lot, calm down and reassure ourselves.” Morse’s room was not damaged by fire, but the room of Emily Chicoine, who came from Providence, RI, was. “We were extremely close to losing everything,” Chicoine said. “Everything stinks, and a lot of things are no longer usable, but at least we have what’s important to us.” Chicoine says she feels for those who lost so much more in the fire. “I feel bad for people who lost everything because some people were here in bathing suits,” Chicoine said. “I really hope everyone gets better soon because it’s quite tragic.”

One hundred and fifty-five guests were staying at the Red Jacket Resort in North Conway, NH when it caught fire on Saturday.

The south end of the station was completely submerged and was forced to be demolished early Sunday morning. Seventy-five rooms were completely destroyed in the fire. Guests were bused to other local hotels while the fire was active.

Guests returned to the resort on Sunday to gather their belongings and reacted to what they had experienced the day before.

RELATED: Drone video shows massive fire at Red Jacket Resort

“The fire alarms went off and at first we weren’t sure what it was,” said Raymond resident Natalie Morse. “But then we heard sirens and a lot of commotion. And we got the kids together, grabbed some of our belongings and met the cleaner at the door, who told us a bit about what She had this translated into her phone actually and remained very calm and collected and asked us to leave helped us out of the emergency door which was right next to our room . And the moment we walked out, we can see smoke coming out of the building.”

Morse had two children with her at the resort, which she says made the experience even more heartbreaking.

“I have a little kid in kindergarten, so he knows how to do fire drills,” Morse said. “Coming out and seeing the fire and all the people here, we really had to talk a lot, calm down and reassure ourselves.”

Morse’s room was not damaged by the fire, but the room of Emily Chicoine, who came from Providence, RI, was.

“We were extremely close to losing everything,” Chicoine said. “Everything stinks and a lot of things are no longer usable, but at least we have what’s important to us.”

Chicoine says she feels for those who lost a lot more in the fire.

“I feel bad for people who really lost everything because some people were here in bathing suits,” Chicoine said. “I really hope everyone gets better soon because it’s quite tragic.”

Comments are closed.