Destination Kohler Announces Headlining Talent and Ticket Sales for Kohler Food & Wine, October 20-23
The lineup of celebrity chefs includes Tom Colicchio, Esther Choi, David Rose, Ronnie Woo, Court of Jerez, Derrell Smith, Grace Ramirezand the cast of “America’s Test Kitchen”
KOHLER, Wis., August 82022 /PRNewswire/ — Destination Kohler is proud to announce the headlining talent for this year Kohler Food and Wine. On August 9ecustomers can purchase tickets to the Midwest’s premier epicurean event, kicking off Thursday October 20e and continues throughout the weekend with cooking demonstrations, educational sessions, tastings, lunches, parties and live music. Guests will have the opportunity to interact and learn from some of the country’s most innovative chefs, wine experts and restaurateurs.
The four-day extravaganza will feature demonstrations and tastings on the culinary stages with distinct food and wine icons, including:
- Tom Colicchio – Chef and owner of Crafted Hospitality with fine dining establishments on the east and west coasts as well as “wichcraft”, a fast casual concept of sandwiches and salads. Colicchio is the chief judge of Bravo’s “Top Chef” show. Oenological event 21 years ago!
- Esther Choi – Chef and owner of mŏkbar, mŏkbar brooklyn and Mrs. Yoo; Choi is driven by her Korean roots and inspired by her Korean grandmother’s age-old cooking technique. Its cuisine combines traditional and modern influences with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- David Rose – Food Network TV personality, executive chef/spokesperson for Omaha Steaks and cookbook author. Rose appeared as a finalist on Food Network Star (Season 13) and continues to be a culinary ambassador for several national brands
- Ronnie Woo – Chef and owner of The Delicious Cook in Los Angeles, a Los Angeles-based private chef company specializing in five-star dining experiences. Woo is a TV personality known across multiple media platforms and the author of his highly anticipated first cookbook, Have you already eaten?, is due out in March 2023.
- Court of Jerez – 3x James Beard Award winner, bakery by the yard owner, award-winning cookbook author – Secrets of Baking – Desserts by the yard. Yard has worked to make masterful breads, open new restaurants, and is known for mentoring chefs around the world.
- Derrell Smith – Former NFL athlete turned chef, Smith is the host of Tastemade’s hit show ‘Mad Good Food’ where he shows viewers the value of not only cooking for those you love, but also cooking for you -same.
- Grace Ramirez – Chef, activist, cookbook author and broadcaster; Ramirez understands that food is culture and shares the nourishing traditions of vibrant and comforting Latin American cuisines, and his unique blend of traditional and adventurous is what makes his cuisine the heart of any community.
- “America’s Test Kitchen” – The highest rated cooking show on public television will be represented by cast members: Chief Creative Officer Jack Bishopexecutive editorial director and co-host Bridget Lancaster and Executive Editor and Co-Host Julia Collin Davison.
- The Bartolotta Group – The Bartolotta Restaurants is a nationally recognized restaurant and catering organization co-founded by a restaurateur Joe Bartolotta and his brother, twice James Beard Award-winning cook Paul Bartolotta. Participating Bartolotta restaurants include Mr. B’s – A Bartolotta Steakhouse, BrookfieldMr. B’s –A Bartolotta Steakhouse, mequon, Chez Joey Gerard – A Bartolotta Supper Club, Harbor House.
Kohler Food & Wine will proudly showcase over 500 wines and 60 spirits, along with appearances from winemakers, owners and representatives of some of the nation’s premier wineries, including Cakebread Cellars, Duckhorn Vineyards, Rodney Strong Vineyards, J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines , Dry Creek Vineyard, St. Francis Vineyards & Winery, Villa Sandi and unique labels from Vine Connections.
“We are delighted to announce the details of our annual Kohler Food & Wine for 2022,” said Jenna’s check, associate director of special events at Kohler. “This year’s event will be a celebratory experience where guests can connect with our unique community in an exciting and fun atmosphere. In addition to our lineup of stellar celebrity chefs who will be featured on the culinary stages, our ongoing partnership with The Bartolotta Restaurant Group will offer unique new programming, and our qualified vineyard managers and owners will present the “best in class” in their wine and spirits portfolios to attendees,” she explained.
New signature wine and spirits experiences will complement this year’s culinary event, including the Beer and wine garden. The garden will provide a place where customers can enjoy the classics Wisconsin beers, or one of the available selections from the popular Underwood wine, in a relaxing atmosphere. The Beer and Wine Garden will feature live music daily. Guests can purchase tickets for the Beer and Wine Garden experience onsite in exchange for libations, no pre-purchase of tickets are available.
Another novelty of this year’s celebrations is the Edrington Nineteenth Hole, offering the best of cocktails and golf when the Edrington Spirits team takes over the Kohler Swing Studio. This exclusive, interactive and educational event allows guests to partake in Edrington brand tastings, old-fashioned cocktail making, delicious bites and fun activities including board games and the use of Swing Studio golf simulators. Guests will have the chance to participate in the closest to spindle contest to win a golf bag with logo; additional odds available for purchase on site, benefiting Lakeshore Trout Unlimited.
Signature CARREFOUR Gastronomy & Wines and The Seeker: your passport to wine are back! The HUB offers a dedicated central gathering area where all event attendees can connect with family and friends while enjoying libations. Wine lovers can explore the lands of Destination Kohler through The Seeker: your passport to wine, a wine tour like no other. Guests who purchase this supplement to their event tickets will have the opportunity to sample four different The Seeker fine wine offerings at four different locations.
Tickets to the Food & Wine HUB and Beer and Wine Garden beverages will be available for purchase on site.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AUGUST 9
Departure August 9e, tickets to the Kohler Food & Wine event will be available for purchase. Destination Kohler – the only Forbes five-star, AAA five-diamond resort in the Midwest – will serve as the stunning backdrop for this event. For more information on program of the festival, visit www.KohlerFoodandWine.com. Stay up to date on station news and events at Facebook, Twitter and instagram.
About Kohler Hotel and Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, which is the only Forbes Five-Star resort hotel in the Midwest and the Three-Star Inn on woodlake. It has world famous golf venues from
Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. A sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa resides in St. Andrews, Scotland, the birthplace of golf, and is recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world. In 2017, Kohler Co. opened LODGE KOHLER, a AAA Four Diamond property, in the heart of Titletown, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
About Destination Kohler
Kohler Grass created Kohler Co.’s Hospitality & Real Estate group with the American Club’s recovery of an immigrant dormitory, then built championship golf courses, The Straits and The Irish at Whistling Straits and The River and Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf Run, all designed by Dye Pete and all in the top 100 public courses. Straits hosted the Ryder Cup in September 2021. Kohler Waters Spa is the only five-star Forbes spa in Wisconsin. The resort has 500 acres of river and forest and 12 dining establishments, from the four-star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare The Horse & Plow as well as River Wildlife. Kohler Grass believes River Wildlife’s Log Cabin has the best fine dining country restaurant in the United States. The complex is located in the vicinity of the Village of Kohler, Wisconsinone hour south of Green Bayone hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago on I-43.
H5 agency for Kohler Co.
SOURCE Destination Kohler